A Middle States
Saint Catherine Laboure School
4020 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
copyright (c) SCLS 2006-2015
Saint Catherine Laboure Parish
4000 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Bishop McDevitt High School
Faithfully educating children since 1918
Please visit our website:
Welcome to Saint Catherine Laboure School
Thank You to all our wonderful sponsors and benefactors.
St. Catherine Labouré School proclaims the Joy of the Gospel in providing a Christ-centered, safe, and welcoming educational environment for students PreK3 to Grade 8.
- WE TEACH MINDS through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that nurture the gifts and talents of each student.
- WE FORM HEARTS in a strong Catholic Identity through prayer, the Sacraments, and a daily commitment to respect for self and others.
- WE GROW DISCIPLES through a deep sese of community that reaches out in love and service to the poor and needy.
- We emulate Jesus, our Model, Who calls us to witness our faith by creating a Catholic environment characterized by prayer, generosity and compassion.
- We commit ourselves to providing a community of learners who practice tolerance and acceptance of all cultures and who demonstrate respect for all aspects of life.
- This commitment enables students to take risks academically and socially.
- We recognize the importance of developing students who are resilient, empathetic, and humble by providing dynamic and engaging instructional experiences which require students to think creatively, critically and cooperatively.
- We acknowledge the complex demands and varied opportunities of our global society and support our students as they embrace their community in order to become active citizens and responsible stewards in this world and the next.
8th Grade Profile
In order to successfully compete in a global society and live as a responsible citizen ad member of the Catholic Church, a graduate from St. Catherine Labourè will model:
- Faithfulness to Mass, prayer and the sacraments
- A continued response to the Baptismal call of discipleship
- A willingness and generosity to discern their future vocations.
- A well-formed conscience so they may live their faith and have the courage to make good, moral choices.
- An unconditional respect for life beginning with self and extending to life at all stages from conception to natural death.
- A solid foundation of basic skills
- Consistent and strong efforts to reach their God-given potential
- An active, ongoing engagement in the problem solving process
- A commitment to life-long learning
- The grace of Baptism by making a conscious effort to practice the virtues of humility, empathy, sensitivity, and compassion
- A healthy, balanced sense of self-esteem
- The ability to adapt to life's challenges with resilience and flexibility
- Respect for the dignity of the human person by advocating tolerance and acceptance
- An enthusiastic participation in extracurricular activities
- Aid in the development of community through service and outreach
Thank you to all who helped to make our 2nd Annual Topper Trot a success!
SUMMER MEAL NOTIFICATION
The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 requires all School Food Authorities (SFAs) to inform families about the availability and location of free meals for students over the summer month.
Schools or families can use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text "MEALPA to 877877 during the summer months
- Visit the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks (note, this replaces the whyhunger.org website)
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
NEW! Pay for Student Meals Online SCLS Cafeteria
is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®!
This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check.
You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE!MySchoolBucks provides:
Enrollment is easy! Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account. You will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account. Add your students using their school district name (Saint Catherine Laboure) and student ID. Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.A program fee will apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or with the Mobile App for your iPhone, Android or Windows phone!
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your students. Eliminate the need for your students to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments & more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly: