A Middle States
Saint Catherine Laboure School
4020 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
copyright (c) SCLS 2006-2015
Saint Catherine Laboure Parish
4000 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Bishop McDevitt High School
Faithfully educating children since 1918
Please visit our website:
Welcome to Saint Catherine Laboure School
Thanks to all who shared their time and talents, as well as those who participated in both our Topper Trot 5K and our Royal Run. Your work and dedication to our children is truly appreciated.
Thank You to all our wonderful sponsors and benefactors.
St. Catherine Labouré School proclaims the Joy of the Gospel in providing a Christ-centered, safe, and welcoming educational environment for students PreK3 to Grade 8.
- WE TEACH MINDS through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that nurture the gifts and talents of each student.
- WE FORM HEARTS in a strong Catholic Identity through prayer, the Sacraments, and a daily commitment to respect for self and others.
- WE GROW DISCIPLES through a deep sese of community that reaches out in love and service to the poor and needy.
- We emulate Jesus, our Model, Who calls us to witness our faith by creating a Catholic environment characterized by prayer, generosity and compassion.
- We commit ourselves to providing a community of learners who practice tolerance and acceptance of all cultures and who demonstrate respect for all aspects of life.
- This commitment enables students to take risks academically and socially.
- We recognize the importance of developing students who are resilient, empathetic, and humble by providing dynamic and engaging instructional experiences which require students to think creatively, critically and cooperatively.
- We acknowledge the complex demands and varied opportunities of our global society and support our students as they embrace their community in order to become active citizens and responsible stewards in this world and the next.
8th Grade Profile
In order to successfully compete in a global society and live as a responsible citizen ad member of the Catholic Church, a graduate from St. Catherine Labourè will model:
- Faithfulness to Mass, prayer and the sacraments
- A continued response to the Baptismal call of discipleship
- A willingness and generosity to discern their future vocations.
- A well-formed conscience so they may live their faith and have the courage to make good, moral choices.
- An unconditional respect for life beginning with self and extending to life at all stages from conception to natural death.
- A solid foundation of basic skills
- Consistent and strong efforts to reach their God-given potential
- An active, ongoing engagement in the problem solving process
- A commitment to life-long learning
- The grace of Baptism by making a conscious effort to practice the virtues of humility, empathy, sensitivity, and compassion
- A healthy, balanced sense of self-esteem
- The ability to adapt to life's challenges with resilience and flexibility
- Respect for the dignity of the human person by advocating tolerance and acceptance
- An enthusiastic participation in extracurricular activities
- Aid in the development of community through service and outreach
SAVE THE DATE
Our 2nd Annual Topper Trot is
Saturday, April 9, 2016
More information to come!