Saint Catherine Laboure School
4020 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
copyright (c) SCLS 2006-2015
Saint Catherine Laboure Parish
4000 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Bishop McDevitt High School
Faithfully educating children since 1918
Please visit our website:
Welcome to Saint Catherine Laboure School
Thank You to all our wonderful sponsors and benefactors.
St. Catherine Labouré School proclaims the Joy of the Gospel in providing a Christ-centered, safe, and welcoming educational environment for students PreK3 to Grade 8.
- WE TEACH MINDS through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that nurture the gifts and talents of each student.
- WE FORM HEARTS in a strong Catholic Identity through prayer, the Sacraments, and a daily commitment to respect for self and others.
- WE GROW DISCIPLES through a deep sese of community that reaches out in love and service to the poor and needy.
8th Grade Profile
In order to successfully compete in a global society and live as a responsible citizen ad member of the Catholic Church, a graduate from St. Catherine Labourè will model:
- Faithfulness to Mass, prayer and the sacraments
- A continued response to the Baptismal call of discipleship
- A willingness and generosity to discern their future vocations.
- A well-formed conscience so they may live their faith and have the courage to make good, moral choices.
- An unconditional respect for life beginning with self and extending to life at all stages from conception to natural death.
- A solid foundation of basic skills
- Consistent and strong efforts to reach their God-given potential
- An active, ongoing engagement in the problem solving process
- A commitment to life-long learning
- The grace of Baptism by making a conscious effort to practice the virtues of humility, empathy, sensitivity, and compassion
- A healthy, balanced sense of self-esteem
- The ability to adapt to life's challenges with resilience and flexibility
- Respect for the dignity of the human person by advocating tolerance and acceptance
- An enthusiastic participation in extracurricular activities
- Aid in the development of community through service and outreach
SAVE THE DATE
Our 2nd Annual Topper Trot is
Saturday, April 9, 2016